Saturday, March 6, 2010

Baby feet

I have a thing for baby feet. I laid in bed this morning, just staring at Riona's hands and feet. I need to steal Mikhail's sketch pad and pencils and have them there waiting one morning. All the creases and wrinkles, the curves and dimples - just amazing. Since drawing them wasn't an option this morning, I grabbed the camera instead, and spent 10 minutes just taking pictures of her feet. I'd like to do the same thing with her hands if she'll cooperate. She woke up as soon as I brought the camera out - of course!


She'll be one month old tomorrow. 4 weeks. I'm not sure where it's all gone - the last two weeks have flown by. I want to curl up in bed with her, and laze around all day for weeks. If there's nothing to do, the time won't go by as quickly, or it won't seem to at least.

Karen and I did her portraits the other day. There's one "pose" I've wanted, we've tried, and I've tried, and it's never worked out! It did this time, and I love them.

Riona Joy - 3.5 weeks

I feel like a bad photographer mommy. We've just been so busy, and I forget to grab the camera for the little moments. I need to be better at that. Riona had her very first bottle the other week - and I DID grab it then. It was so bittersweet. She did great with it, and then nursed well after as well (not enough in the bottle for miss piggy!). But it's a sad reminder for me that she needs a bottle because I'm going to have to leave her to start "real" classes in just 2 months. I haven't had to leave a baby this little since my first, and I hated doing that too. At least this time it won't be for as long, and not every day.




Finding the time to pump every day has been a huge issue. At this point she pretty much eats everything I make (never happened before!). I need to find a time to just add a "feeding" where I can pump, and my schedule (and sometimes lack of one) makes that hard. I'm sure it will work out though.

In between school work and taking care of the other kids (and driving all over town most days!) I've been sewing. I can't believe that I stopped doing it for so long. It relaxes me, and is very therapeutic in many ways that I can't even begin to describe. I just have to make sure that I don't end up with 20 winter outfits for the baby - that she'll only be needing for a few more weeks (please God - no longer than that??).



Somehow I neglected baby gowns in my preparations for her. So I made 3 the other night, and made them big enough to hopefully last a bit longer than the 2 I had already. And of course, modeling mama made clothes has to turn into a photoshoot. At least I don't fail in the mommy photographer department there! There's a couple of other things that I need to finish up, and can't wait to put on her.


We're getting ready to get school going with the kids again. One of the best things about homeschooling - you can take your break when it's best for YOU! I'm hoping it will help create more of a routine around here again, and I won't be saving up these little bits and pieces for the blog, which means mammoth sized entries!

1 comment:

  1. The gowns are adorable as is the little bundle in them. I also find sewing relaxing. Not sure why gowns are not more popular they make so much sense, so easy to change baby, so cuddly.

    ReplyDelete