Sunday, November 8, 2009

So close, yet so far away

13 weeks. Wasn't I just 13 weeks like last week? And now that's all I have left!

If I think of everything that will be happening between then and now, it seems like there isn't near enough time to do it all, and this sweet girl (who I'm thinking may be a gymnast) will be here before I know it.

But then, I start doing things to get ready, and I get impatient. 13 weeks, 3 months, 90 days - no matter how I put it, can be so far away. Yet my receipts are going to start saying things can be returned after my due date soon (if you don't know what I'm talking about, Target tells you the last day you can return things at the bottom of the receipt!). 90 days really isn't that long. At least that's what I'm trying to tell myself.

Then there's my intuition. The closer I get to the end, the more and more I feel like this is NOT going to be a January baby. Which is ok. But 11 weeks/2.5 months/75 days sounds SO much closer. At least I'll have a baby by my anniversary? Which is the end of Feb. That will give me more time to get ahead in my classes for the spring semester, rather than having a baby as soon as school starts, and having to play catch up instead.

I had a great time with friends schlepping around Target pointing that stupid red thing at stuff this week. It could be addicting. I may go there, and make up fake registries just to be able to play with it!

Baby girl (no - no name yet!) is almost big enough to start playing "guess the baby part". Trying to figure out which part of her is pushing and prodding will be fun. I could lay in bed all day guessing. Well, I could lay in bed all day just for the heck of it too occasionally! At least I know that the majority of my belly is now baby, and not just fat.

No comments:

Post a Comment