Wednesday, November 4, 2009

I'm tired of doing this by myself

My husband helps me - a LOT. I didn't cook dinner tonight. Or last night (unless you count throwing the hunk of meat in the crockpot). Or in the last week (or probably month). I don't put my laundry away. He gets up with the 2 year old if he wakes up in the night. But I want more.

I want him to share half of the growing of this baby. I can handle the aches and pains - the chiropractor and massage therapist take care of most of those (and I will NEVER go 2 weeks without again!). I'm ok with taking the full brunt of the weight gain, stretch marks (thank you to all my kids for really not giving me many *knocks on wood*). I don't even care to share the birthing part with him.

But it's hard to nest when you don't have any energy. I have this HUGE list of things in my head that I want to do, and get done before the girly is here. And there's Christmas and Thanksgiving to deal with too. And right now I can't seem to make it through the day without 9 hours of sleep and a nap in the afternoon. Even then, I'm still crashing at 9. I want him to take half of the energy loss. I could ask him to help with some of the things, and I will. But he can't sew. And I'm particular about how things (furniture) get painted.

The list isn't getting any smaller, in fact, just about every day it gets bigger. Not sure how this is going to work out. At least I'll have a month+ after the holidays (with 3 birthdays in between) to catch up??

No comments:

Post a Comment