Saturday, November 28, 2009

Clothes for pregnant women should be optional

I've come to this conclusion. As I sit here at the computer, with my pants pulled down way low on my belly, and my shirt way above. The less on my belly, the better.

But it's not just that I don't want things on my belly. Clothes that fit well are just SO hard to find. Having a short waist doesn't help. At least that's what I think it's considered? When I'm not knocked up, Old Navy's ultra low rise pants come to about an inch and a half below my belly button. Not exactly low rise. So EVERY single pair of maternity pants with the low band, or "real" waistband, that I find the most comfortable, fall down. I'm constantly telling my kids to pull up their pants - I HATE saggy crotch. I hate it even more on me - I can't even begin to understand the kids that wear their pants with their waistband down on their thighs *twitch*

But it's not just pants. There's other parts of me that are changing shape as well. After upteen years of hating underwire bras, I finally found one that I like. I own 4. I now own 4 that are too small. So I dug out the old faithful nursing bras. I guess after 3 or so kids, they're not as faithful anymore. They cover, but that's about all they do. I guess I need to go bra shopping. Blech.

If clothes were optional, I wouldn't have these issues.

1 comment:

  1. I preferred to spend my pregnant days in sarongs and belly tops. I believe my pregnant belly was beautiful and I was so much more comfortable. Hope you get more comfy.

    ReplyDelete